Advancing Clean Energy Progress: Past, Present, and Future
June 28, 2018
by Maria Blais Costello, Clean Energy States Alliance
This report presents case studies of the six recipients of the 2018 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards.
The State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards recognize exemplary programs that have accelerated the adoption of clean energy technologies and expanded clean energy markets. State energy agencies and organizations from across the country submitted nominations, and the winning programs were chosen by a panel of distinguished, independent judges. Entries were judged based on public benefits and results, cost effectiveness, leadership and innovation, and replicability.
This report includes case studies on the following award-winning programs:
- Connecticut's “Solar for All” Partnership
- Massachusetts' Advancing Commonwealth Energy Storage (ACES) Program
- Minnesota's MPRB Solar Demonstration Project
- New York's Clean Energy Communities Program
- Oregon's Renewable Energy Development Grant Program
- Rhode Island's Block Island Offshore Wind Farm
Learn more about the 2018 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards here.
2018 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards Webinar Series
CESA hosted a webinar series to highlight the 2018 award-winning programs:
- State Programs for Clean Energy in Local Jurisdictions: Examples from New York and Oregon, 7/11/18 (View webinar slides and recording here)
- Expanding Solar PV Finance and Markets in Connecticut and Minnesota, 8/2/18 (View webinar slides and recording here)
- Building Markets: Energy Storage in Massachusetts and Offshore Wind in Rhode Island, 8/9/18 (View webinar slides and recording here)