In October 2012, the Clean Energy States Alliance announced seven winners of the 2012 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards, given to recognize state projects and programs that demonstrate exemplary leadership and innovation in clean energy development.
The 2012 awardees are:
- New York’s Clean Energy Business Incubator Program and On-Site Wind Market Development Program, both administered by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA);
- Connecticut’s Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority’s (CEFIA) CT Solar Lease Program
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s Commonwealth Solar Hot Water Pilot Program
- New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission’s Residential Wood-Pellet Boiler Rebate Program
- Two projects by the California Energy Commission: the University of California, San Diego Microgrid and the Synchrophasor Research and Development Program.
Summaries of the winning programs are presented in a briefing report, "State Leadership in Clean Energy: Seven Exemplary Programs."