CESA member organizations are working to make sure that renewable energy is accessible to everyone. A few notable programs and initiatives have recently made the news:
- The California Energy Commission’s Disadvantaged Communities Advisory Group reports on first year successes
- The Connecticut Green Bank’s Residential Solar Investment Program and Solar for All program are accelerating solar energy adoption in communities of color
- The DC Department of Energy and Environment’s Solar Works DC program recently celebrated its 100th rooftop solar installation
- The Illinois Power Agency’s Solar for All program is making solar more accessible for low-income residents
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has a new report and upcoming webinar on deploying solar in under-served markets
More resources and information on low- and moderate-income clean energy are available on CESA’s Low-and Moderate-Income Clean Energy webpage.