Presentations are now available from the 2015 National Summit on RPS, which took place in Arlington, VA on Thursday, November 5 and Friday, November 6. The first day of the Summit was open to all State-Federal RPS Collaborative Members; the second day was restricted to state and federal agency representatives.
The Summit provided an opportunity to learn about developments and trends related to state RPSs and to network with many of the people from across the country who are most engaged in implementing and analyzing state RPSs. The Summit was made possible through funding from the US Department of Energy and the Energy Foundation.
Presentation slides are available at the links below.
- Galen Barbose, Research Scientist, Electricity Markets and Policy Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Labs (LBNL) (slides)
- Justin Barnes, Director of Research, EQ Research (slides)
Clean Energy Cost and Technology Trends
- David Feldman, Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Energy Analysis Center, NREL (slides)
- John Marciano, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke LLP (slides)
- Ryan Wiser, Senior Scientist, LBNL (slides)
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Policy Analysis, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (slides)
Why Businesses and Investors Support Renewable Portfolio Standards
RECs and RINs - The RPS Opportunity for Biogenic Carbon
Implications of EPA's Clean Power Plan for State RPSs
- Ed Holt, Ed Holt and Associates (slides)
- Christopher Sherry, Policy Analyst, Climate Change Division of the Office of Atmospheric Programs, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (slides)
RPS Developments and Best Practices
- Angela Gould, RPS Verification and Compliance Technical Lead, California Energy Commission: "California's Newly Enacted 50 Percent RPS"(slides)
- Doreen Harris, Large Scale Renewables Program Manager, NYSERDA: "The Next Phase in the New York RPS"(slides)
- Ronald Jackson, Research Scientist, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities: "The Status of the New Jersey RPS" (slides)
RPS Data Collection and Compliance Reporting Best Practices
- Howard Bernstein, Energy Portfolio Standards Program Manager, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (slides)
- Jason Gifford, Senior Director, Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC (slides)
- Mary Frantz, Senior Program Analyst, WREGIS (slides)
Implications of Solar Investment Tax Credit Reversion for State RPSs