Summer Research Assistant
The Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) seeks a Summer Research Assistant. CESA is a national, nonprofit coalition of public agencies and organizations working together to advance clean energy. CESA members—mostly state agencies—include many of the most innovative, successful, and influential public funders of clean energy initiatives in the country.
Location: Montpelier, VT
Availability: The position is available for 10-12 weeks, for up to 40 hours per week. The position will begin in May 2018.
Position Description: The Summer Research Assistant will carry out research, writing, data collection, and administrative tasks related to CESA’s programs. The Research Assistant will primarily conduct work on CESA’s solar projects, but occasionally will focus on other clean energy-related policy matters. Responsibilities will include:
- Help assemble and produce CESA’s monthly Sustainable Solar Education Project e-newsletter, which is comprised of news and resources related to solar equitability and consumer protection from across the country.
- Research and help edit and augment a CESA white paper on state solar contract disclosure requirements.
- Research and write additional entries for inclusion in CESA’s Directory of State Clean Energy Programs and Policies for Low-Income Residents.
- Assist with research on the locational value of distributed solar and other distributed energy resources.
- Draft blog posts on CESA’s 2018 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) award programs.
- Research renewable heating and cooling programs.
- Assist with editing a renewable heating and cooling consumer guidebook.
- Help assemble and produce CESA's bimonthly offshore wind e-newsletter.
- Carry out other research, writing, and administrative tasks as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- This position is appropriate for a graduate student or an individual with an undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge of energy issues and solar photovoltaics.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Pay Rate: $18 per hour.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample via email to email@example.com. For the email’s subject line, use “Research Assistant 2018”. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
CESA is an equal opportunity employer. CESA does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, ancestry, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran.