In October 2010, the Clean Energy States Alliance announced seven winners of the 2010 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards, given to recognize state projects and programs that demonstrate exemplary leadership and innovation in clean energy development.
The 2010 awardees are:
- California Energy Commission: PIER/ Advanced Energy Recovery System
- California Energy Commission: Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center: Community Scale Wind Initiative
- New Jersey Clean Energy Program: Local Government Energy Audit
- Xcel Energy's Renewable Development Fund: Renewable Energy Kit for Remote Telecom Equipment
- Energy Trust of Oregon: Solarize Portland
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District: Feed-in-Tariff Program
Read case studies about these seven exemplary programs here.
Photo, Left to Right: Lew Milford (President, CESA); Peter West (Director of Energy Programs, Energy Trust of Oregon); Lizzie Rubado (Sr. Renewable Energy Project Manager, Energy Trust of Oregon); Brian Turner (Office of former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger); Mike Winka (Director, New Jersey's Clean Energy Program); John O'Donnel (Director of Federal Affairs, Xcel Energy);Tim Tutt (Government Affairs Representative, Sacramento Municipal Utilities District); Pat Cloney (Executive Director, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center); Camilla Seth (Board of Directors, CESA); Anne Margolis ( former Project Associate, CESA);Mark Sinclair (Executive Director, CESA)