In January 2009, the Clean Energy States Alliance announced seven winners of the 2009 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards, given to recognize state projects and programs that demonstrate exemplary leadership and innovation in clean energy development.
The 2009 awardees are:
- Connecticut Clean Energy Fund: Connecticut Clean Energy Communities Program
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center: Solar Energy for Green Affordable Housing
- New Jersey Clean Energy Program: Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Program
- California Energy Commission: Western Renewable Energy Generation Information System
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy: Wisconsin Biogas Digestion Program
CESA wrote case studies about these five exemplary programs - read them here.