CESA Member District Of Columbia
“The District of Columbia, under the leadership of Mayor Muriel Bowser, has set significant goals to increase access to clean, renewable energy and energy efficiency programs for residents in all eight wards. By working closely with partners like CESA, the District continues to be a national leader in energy policy and programs.”
The Department of Energy & Environment (DoEE) helps residents, businesses, and visitors save money on their energy bills and reduce their impact on the environment as a result. Authorized by the Clean and Affordable Energy Act of 2008 (CAEA), Green Energy DC is a single resource for all you need to know about energy efficiency and renewable energy programs, products and services in the District of Columbia.
DoEE's, formerly the District Department of the Environment (DDOE), leads the development of energy policies and programs for the District of Columbia.
- Develops the District’s Comprehensive Energy Plan
- Initiates and manages compliance of the energy benchmarking regulations, the Better Building Challenge and the Property Assessed Clean Energy Program (PACE).
- Administers the Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU) contract that provides a wide range of energy efficiency and renewable energy services.
- Under the Energy Assistance and Weatherization Programs (LIHEAP and WAP) provides energy efficiency measures for the Districts’ low income residents.
- Administers the Renewable Energy Incentive Program (REIP), which provides financial incentives for the installation of renewable energy generating systems.
- Provides free home energy audits to all eligible single-family homes.
- Administers an electricity aggregation-purchasing program (the DC Municipal Aggregation Program)
- Manages energy and utility payment assistance programs for the District’s low-income residents.
- Manages the District’s Energy Assurance Plan
- *CONTACT DoEE*
- DC Mayor Signs Sustainable DC Act of 2012
- DC Mayor Appoints Director of DDOE
- District Publishes Final Regulations for Benchmarking Energy and Water Usage in Large Buildings
- District First in the U.S. to use Property Assessed Clean Energy Financing for Energy Efficiency Project in Affordable Housing
- District Honored for Exceptional Achievement in Climate Protection and City Livability
- Mayor Gray Honors Nine Awardees for Outstanding Commitment in Sustainable Practices
- DDOE Reduces Polluted Runoff In DC
- DC Explores Upgrade to Net Zero Buildings
- Progress Report on Sustainable DC Initiative Shows Successful First Year
- DC Announces Groundbreaking 20-Year PPA for Wind Power
- Washington, DC Bridges the Solar Gap