CESA Member Connecticut
“CEFIA is a proud member of the Clean Energy States Alliance. CESA enables and supports information sharing among members, which provides lessons learned and best practices. This forum further supports CEFIA's efforts to increase the deployment of clean energy while efficiently using limited ratepayer dollars and attracting private capital.”
The Connecticut Green Bank is a quasi-public agency whose broad focus is to leverage private investments and utilize innovative financing tools to promote the deployment of renewable energy and energy-efficiency projects in Connecticut. The Connecticut Green Bank, formerly known as Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), is the successor organization to the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund and was created in July 2011 by Connecticut’s General Assembly and Public Act 11-80, An Act Concerning the Establishment of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Planning for Connecticut’s Energy Future.
The Connecticut Green Bank's Programs
Connecticut’s “Green Bank”
The Connecticut Green Bank supports Connecticut’s clean energy goals by investing its own funds and attracting private capital. The Brookings-Rockefeller Project on State and Metropolitan Innovation recently pointed to the Connecticut Green Bank as an example of state government accelerating the adoption of clean energy in the white paper, State Clean Energy Finance Banks: New Investment Facilities for Clean Energy Deployment.
RSIP - The Residential Solar Investment Program (RSIP) offers an Estimated Performance-Based Buy-down (EPBB) or Performance Based Incentive (PBI) to residents who install PV systems. Eligible homes can be one to four family, owner-occupied residences. Please visit www.ctcleanenergy.com/solarhome for additional information
Solarize Connecticut – This pilot program partners the Connecticut Green Bank with municipalities across Connecticut. This innovative program leverages community outreach to increase the adoption of solar PV and drives down costs by leveraging group-purchasing power and reducing customer acquisition costs. Please visit www.ctcleanenergy.com/solarizect for additional information.
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Program – Connecticut’s C-PACE program, administered by the Connecticut Green Bank, offers financing to commercial, industrial, and multi-family property owners. This program is available to any Connecticut municipality that chooses to opt-in to the program. Eligible upgrades will reduce energy consumption and / or provide clean energy to the property. C-PACE financing is best suited for capital improvements greater than $150,000. Please visit www.ctcleanenergy.com/cpace for additional information.
Campus Efficiency Now - The Campus Efficiency Now loan program promotes the use of cleaner, cheaper and more reliable energy at Connecticut’s independent colleges by advancing their energy efficiency.
Smart-E Loans – The Smart-E Loan program provides long-term, low-interest financing through participating lenders to help Connecticut homeowners access affordable home energy upgrades.
(Updated April 2015)
- CEFIA Launches C&I Clean Energy Financing Program
- * CONTACT CEFIA *
- CEFIA Issues RFP for New Capital Competition Pilot
- CEFIA and COREPLUS Partner on Smart-E Loan Product
- CEFIA Launches New CT Solar Loan Pilot
- Celebrate Solarize - House Tour with CEFIA in Canton
- PATRIOT NATIONAL BANK and CEFIA Partner on Smart-E Loan Product
- Budget Resolution Will Replenish CEFIA Funds
- CEFIA Releases RFB for Anaerobic Digestion Pilot Program
- CEFIA's Solarize Connecticut Program Highlighted at Congressional Briefing
- CEFIA's C-PACE Program Highlighted in New York Times Article
- CEFIA Establishes Solar Leasing Public-Private Partnership
- CEFIA Releases RFP for CHP Pilot Program
- CEFIA Finances Two C-PACE Solar Projects in Hartford - Facilities Expected To Save Over $1 Million
- New CEFIA Report on Reducing Solar Soft Costs in CT
- Connecticut Provides Homeowners Ability to Comparison Shop for Solar Energy Financing
- CEFIA to Work with New England States and Clean Energy States Alliance to Reduce Solar Costs
- States green banks, like CEFIA, reduce risk of clean energy projects
- Green Bank Matters - CEFIA Quarterly Updates
- CEFIA’s Jessica Bailey named Solar Deployment “Champion of Change” by White House
- NBC News Highlights Solarize Connecticut's Success
- CEFIA executes the first securitization of commercial efficiency assets
- C-PACE marks successful first two years
- The Connecticut Green Bank’s C-PACE Program – Low-cost, Long-term Financing for Clean Energy Upgrades
- CT wins two national green awards
- National Coalition Recognizes Conn. Agencies For Advancing Clean Energy
- The Connecticut Green Bank’s Financial Innovation Makes Building Improvements Possible